Full-Time Nursery Manager
Casa dei Bambini is a Montessori Day Nursery in the heart of Winchester. We care for children aged six months to five years on a full day, all year round basis.
As a manager you will be in charge of the day-to-day running of the childcare setting. You will manage and support staff and make sure the setting offers a safe and caring environment for children to develop and learn. You will need to have strong leadership and communication skills as well as good business skills and a clear understanding of safeguarding, early years care and education issues.
Work duties would include:
– Creating a safe, caring and stimulating Montessori Environment that promotes learning through exploration
– Supervising Individual Learning Plans and activity planning to make sure that children’s needs are met.
– Working closely with parents/and or carers, giving them a high standard of customer service, including regular progress reports.
– Working with colleagues and other professionals to make sure that children’s needs are met.
– Supervising and helping to develop the Montessori Practice within the Nursery and adhering to all guidelines and policies as appropriate.
Business duties would include:
– Helping to recruit and induct suitably qualified and experienced staff.
– Supporting and developing the staff nursery team.
– Managing a budget.
– Liaising with the marketing manager to promote the Nursery.
– Creating KPI reports (Key Performance Indicators)and maintaining staff and child records
– Working with the directors, operations manager and sister setting management team to make sure that the setting meets Ofsted and Early Years Foundation Stage standards.
– MEAB Accreditation.
Ideally we would be looking for someone who holds the minimum of a Level 4 Montessori Diploma (or equivalent) with at least 3 years childcare care experience with relevant management/room leader experience. Work pattern negotiable however, 40 hours per week for 51 weeks of the year.