Part-Time Montessori Teacher
Due to internal promotion and career growth we now have a vacancy at Windmill Montessori Nursery for a part time Teacher (term-time only) to join our friendly and passionate team.
We operate from one level in purpose-built premises located in Maida Vale. The nursery has use of five rooms and an enclosed outdoor play area. It is open each week day during school term times.
The Nursery has a strong local reputation and a parent waiting list, it has very strong connections with local schools and is the very best of places to develop your skills as a Teacher.
We believe in offering our children the best start in life and the Montessori method does just that. To be considered for this role you must have the following skills and experience:
• Knowledge of the Montessori method
• Have experience in presenting a wide range of Montessori materials
• Knowledge of the EYFS is essential to be able to plan and record for children’s individual learning and development
• Level 3 or equivalent qualification in childcare – Montessori desirable but not essential
• Must have a clear passion for childcare
• Making sure the classroom is fully prepared and ready for the children.
• Liaising with your colleagues and making sure everyone is aware of the daily routine and what is expected in order to have a smooth and fun day.
• Organise work on displays, sorting children’s pockets, organise other areas such as language, science, etc.
• Write comments (written up-date on each child given to parents), minimum 3 per term.
• Keep up to date and complete record keeping and all paper work effectively.
• Prepare and attend Parent-Teacher meetings/evenings.
• Caring for the garden and the playground i.e. sweeping, watering flowers, general tidy up.
• Working with the highest standards in mind and in accordance with the nature of Windmill and the Montessori method of education.
• Supervising an area (art, practical life (tables), sensorial (floor), play-area, outdoor, gym, music, break time, etc…
• Reading stories to a group of children or the whole classroom.
• Toilet and hand washing duty, nappy changing.
• Being able to use the outdoor space as a learning environment whether playing with toys, organising games or music and movement activities.
• You will receive an annual holiday entitlement and get the week off between Christmas and New Year on the Company
• You can take an extra day’s holiday in the month of your birthday, whenever it suits you
• Receive paid time to attend numerous training and CPD activities
• Receive a discount on your childcare if your child attends one of our nurseries
• Get childcare vouchers/tax free childcare
• Your salary will be reviewed every April
• Annual Company awards to recognise colleagues with outstanding achievements
• Regular bonuses to celebrate the team’s success
• The Company will contribute towards your pension
• Medicash health plan – investing in your health
• Unlimited access to Eduko Extras – flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle
• Payments to recommend friends to work for Eduko
Our children and our staff are at the centre of our vision at Windmill Montessori Nursery School. We fully recognise the responsibilities we have to safeguard and promote the welfare of children who are our pupils at the school.