Full / Part-Time Montessori Classroom Assistant (Ref: PMS02)
Montessori Classroom Assistant Position Available
Pond Square Montessori Pre-School is a family friendly pre-school serving children from 12 months to 6 years old, located in the heart of idyllic Highgate Village.
We are looking for a Montessori Classroom Assistant to join our supportive, professional and highly experienced team, to work in our vertically grouped, openly planned classroom to support either our 1 – 3 years or 3 – 6 years. To work under the supervision of a certified Montessori Teacher. This role would suit someone who is interested in pursuing training towards a Montessori Qualification.
The ideal candidate must be able to follow the Montessori curriculum, have great classroom management skills by adhering to Montessori Philosophy, be dependable, creative, energetic and organized, have great multitasking skills and be able to work in a busy learning environment effectively with the Principal, teachers, children and parents.
• Level 3 Certified in Early Years
• Montessori Classroom Assistant Certificate an advantage
• Experience within a vertically grouped classroom is essential
• Safeguarding Certificate
• First Aid Certificate
• Food Hygiene Certificate
• At least one year’s continued experience working within a Montessori environment
• Support children with their toileting needs
• Supervise lunchtime routine
• Support in classroom activities
• Support in woodland activities
• Report children’s achievements to the Montessori Teachers
• Assisting with the classroom set up and maintenance
• Assisting with the closure of the classroom at the end of the day
We provide great benefits such as competitive wage, holiday pay, pension plan and discounted childcare for holidays schools and an end of year rolling bonus (conditions apply). Salary will be based on experience and qualifications.
We are open during hours of 7.30am to 4.00pm or 10.00am to 6.30pm.