Full / Part-Time Lead Directresses and Babyroom Leader
Infant/Toddler Directresses & Baby room Leader
– Take leadership of a classroom with 12 children with Co-lead and/ or two assistant teachers, or a baby room with up to 3 children.
– Implement a daily curriculum that honors the Montessori philosophy and the individuality of each child in the classroom.
– Develop and maintain a strong understanding of AMI/MACTE and EYFS accreditation standards and implement practices in the classroom.
– Prepare appropriate exercises for each child based on observation
– Monitor children’s progress (major milestones, motor, social-emotional)
– Work in alignment with Lead Teacher team and Manager in developing and implementing the school’s strategic vision.
– Collaborate extensively with other lead teachers and assistants.
– Maintain a beautifully prepared, organized, clean, safe and stimulating environment for the children.
– Manage classroom staff, modeling appropriate and professional behavior at all times.
– Prepare and submit internal and external reports and documents in accordance with EYFS regulations and school standard operating procedures including but not limited to: daily record keeping for each child’s academic progress, injury/accident reports, and medication logs.
– Develop a weekly email for parents detailing the week’s activities through photographs and descriptions.
– Attend and participate in weekly meetings with Head of School and monthly meetings with all staff.
– Build respectful, collaborative relationships with parents and colleagues.
– Respectfully delegate duties to assistant staff and monitor their work.
– Work with leadership to develop an individual professional development plan.
– Rotate materials regularly based on observation of needs and interests of community
Salary £25000, to £27000 depending on experience.
– Montessori qualified for ages 8 weeks – 36 months from an AMI (0-3)/ MACTE accredited teacher training programme
– Preference will be given to candidates with a BA or BS or higher degree
– Available to work 5 days per week M-F (full time or part time)
Full Time: 8 am – 4:00 pm and/or 10:00 am – 6:00 pm
Part Time: 8:00 am – 2:00 pm and/or 12:00 pm – 6:00 pm
– CPR, First Aid ideal
– Medication Administration Certification a plus
– Minimum 1 years of experience in Montessori Nido classroom/toddler programme
– Able to lift and turn carrying at least 30 lbs. and sit on a floor for at least 60 mins
– Good level of spoken and written English.
Nido Montessoriis a new nursery school in based in the leafy suburb of Hampstead London, looking for AMI trained guides for it’s new (0-3) setting which is due to open in January 2019.
The community will serve a Nido (baby room) and an infant community up to the age of 3 years old, which will complement our existing Children’s House (3- 6), Casa Dei Bambini Montessori School.
Casa Dei Bambini
We’re a small passionate school, which for over 5 years has grown to develop an enviable reputation for hiring well trained, caring and nurturing teachers. With around 28 children and employing 5 Directresses, we know each of our children and parents extremely well, preferring to keep bureaucracy and red tape to a minimum and setting our sights on doing what we know works well, delivering an authentic Montessori education. The new setting comprises a small but independent operating unit with a maximum 18 children, providing a truly ‘home from home’ environment for our Nido and Infant Communities.
Our teachers work collaboratively and considerately, are AMI trained and align with a common vision and ethos which instills a dedication towards self development and progress. We invest well in continuous training, individual teacher coaching plans and mentoring by trainers from the AMI (Maria Montessori Institute) in London. We simply want our teachers to be the best they can be.
We are proud of our school and encourage you to learn more about us at: casamontessori.co.uk
or follow our facebook page: facebook.com/Casa.Montessori.Hampstead