Full-Time Montessori Teacher
• An enthusiastic, energetic and dedicated individual will be required to take advantage of this challenging and exciting opportunity. The successful candidate will have to demonstrate a genuine passion for providing the highest standards in quality childcare. Strong communication skills and team-working abilities are essential.
Qualifications and Training
• Montessori qualification and experience
• Current First Aid qualification
• Equal Opportunities
• Child Protection
• Experience of working with children
• Experience of working within a team
• To provide the highest standards of physical, emotional, social and intellectual care for children placed in the nursery.
• To give support to other personnel within the nursery.
• To implement the daily routine in the base room.
• Reports directly to their Head of room.
• Reports to their manager and deputy manager and when needed the Group Manager.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
• To provide the highest standards of quality care and education.
• To ensure that safety and security measures are constantly maintained.
• To be aware of and act in accordance with current legislation, policy and procedures.
• Operate a programme of activities suitable to the age range of children in your area in conjunction with other staff.
• To keep a proper record of achievement file on your key children, for parents.
• Work with parents of special needs children to give full integration in the Nursery.
• Support all staff and engage in a good staff team.
• To work in close partnership and to develop and maintain good relationships with parents / carers and other family members.
• To be involved in out of working hours activities, e.g. training, staff meetings, events etc
• To be flexible within working practices of nursery. Be prepared to help where needed, including to undertake certain domestic jobs within the Nursery, e.g. preparation of snack meals, cleansing of equipment etc.
• Work alongside the Manager and staff team to ensure that the vision, philosophy and objectives behind Martyrs Green are fulfilled.
• To develop your role within the team especially with regard to your responsibilities as a key worker.
Specific Child Care Tasks:
• The preparation and completion of activities to suit the child’s stage of development.
• To ensure that mealtimes are a time of pleasant social sharing.
• Washing and changing children as required.
• Providing comfort and warmth to a poorly child.
• To ensure the provision of a high quality environment to meet the needs of individual children from differing cultures and religious backgrounds, and stages of development.
• To ensure good standards of hygiene and cleanliness are maintained at all times and be responsible for the health and safety standards appropriate for the needs of young children.